Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baltimore Ravens 24 at New England Patriots 34

I'm predicting the New England Patriots will defeat the Baltimore Ravens to win the AFC Championship and go on the the Super Bowl.

Ever go see a fight when you were in high school?  I remember one where one guy kept getting himself all pumped up and talking real loud trying to intimidate the other guy.  I also remember the other guy.  He didn't say a word, didn't really move, he just stood there very calm.  The loud mouth was scared and insecure.  The guy who you really should be scared of is the quiet one who stands there with confidence waiting.  He was confident the fight would go well for him because he had been there and done that.

I thought of that story when I was thinking about all the hype recently about Joe Flacco's comments in the media about how he isn't getting enough attention.  I think the reason he doesn't is because, like the insecure loud mouth at the fight, Flacco isn't the real deal.  He'd be much better off keeping his mouth shut.  I think he's having illusions that he's somehow like that other guy on his team Ray Lewis.

In contrast to Flacco, we haven't been hearing much from the Patriots.  That's because they've been there, done that, and they're confident that they know what the outcome will be.

I'm predicting the Tom Brady led Patriots over the Ravens 34-24.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20120119/NEWS/101199869/1009/sports

No comments:

Post a Comment