Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How great was Joe Paterno?

Was just listening to a video about how Joe Paterno claimed he didn't have the power to do more about Jerry Sandusky.  Then I think about his record 409 wins as a head coach and have to wonder how winning a game was more important to a "great coach" and "great school".

In my opinion, the school shouldn't have a football program any longer.  Some would say, you can't punish the players they didn't do anything wrong.  But again I ask, how much is worth sacrificing to win football games?  Because in my opinion, from what I've seen and heard thusfar, Penn State cares most about money.

There's a quote, "Evil prevails when good men do nothing".  So maybe JoePa was a good man.  And I guess he did more than nothing.  I think he was naive about the amount of power he really had.

No comments:

Post a Comment